It is important if you intend to have a successful business relationship with people of Asian background or culture that you take the time to learn what the basic differences are between both cultures and what is the most effective way of communicating.
Firstly, it does not mean that anyone of us is wrong or lesser just because we have different ways of interacting, it simply means we are just different. It also does not mean that all people from a particular background operate with a high standard of ethics and principles any more than it means that every person from a particular cultural background are scoundrels and unethical.
Overall the business Culture of Asian people varies in a number of ways from western culture. So in this post I am going to give you a few key points that will help you enhance the relationships you are either currently building or you are wanting to start building with members of the Asian community.
- Personal connection plays a very important part of the Asian business culture. Taking time to know and understand the people you are dealing with is vital. Having a genuine interest in people Asian background will always serve you well, so really take the time to nurture relationships, you will find by slowing down a little and learning more about the people you are dealing with and then letting them learn more about you will build long term relationships that will benefit you and them for years to come.
- Honor and respect. This must be a part of all of your standard business practices when dealing with people from an Asian background. In western culture we can at times overstep the mark and make jokes about people or a particular situation that can cause others to feel disrespected. So be mindful that you are not tempted to let familiarity find you overstepping the mark and turning a potentially good relationship into a contemptuous one.
- Conversations regarding personal wealth. Whilst it has become common place for most people to talk about themselves and their personal financial achievements, in Asian business culture this is a definite no no! In network marketing conversations about high levels of income are often spoken of, you are best to confine this to statements like the top income earner in the company or a 6 figure income earner or broad terms similar to those.
- The Business Relationship. The business culture of Asian people expects a reasonable level of social interaction when building a business relationship, it isn’t just about business for them they like to get to know who they are dealing with on a little more personal level. This develops trust and a true sense of connection so don’t be in too much of hurry to “seal the deal” get to know who you are dealing with and let them get to know you.
- Take me to your leader. When it comes to Network Marketing it will serve you well to introduce your Asian prospects to your upline leader as soon as you can. Also taking them to your company office is important and whilst you are there make sure you introduce them to the local manager and other key members of staff.
- Language. You do not need to speak any of the Asian languages in order to do business with them, however if you take the time to learn a key few words or phrases this will demonstrate not only your respect for their background but it will demonstrate your keenness to interact with them.
Remember creating long term relationships in business is all about having sound communication skills and a keen interest in the other person or persons. To learn more about the business culture of Asian People or any other culture is a step in the right direction of demonstrating that interest.