The Business Development Director works closely with the Board of Directors and Investment department of the Group to develop a new business unit in the field of alternative protein (insect-based novel food). This position requires a unique combination of good business sense and proven implementation abilities in food sourcing & food consultancy, B2B international sales network, P/L management.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Business Development Director must successfully manage time, identify tasks, determine priorities, and complete deliverables for the newly established business unit of the Group.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to lead the business from A to Z such as factory setting, product research, and development, on/off-shore distribution license acquirement, etc.
- Build a strong succession planning for key positions in new protein sources, and be commercially responsible for the strategic positioning of our product in the market.
- Responsible for the new business design from farming to end production process and ensuring stable operation ready for future growth.
- Collaborate with the salesman in global offices to implement strategic position of new products in both America and EU markets.
- The duties are multi-faced and require the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. Identify and own the partnership with potential partners and stakeholders in both the food and food-tech industry.
- Collaborate with the Head of Investment department to conduct industry research, to prepare investment presentations and memos for meetings with Investment Committee.
- 7+ years experience in the food industry with strong experience in B2B commercial activities acquired.
- He/she shall be self-motivated, trustworthy, and open-minded
- Have a various range of networks in farming products and the food industry.
- Deep knowledge of novel food, and insect-based protein is a strong plus.
- Able to prioritize work and work well under pressure.
- Experience in the consumer goods industry, manufacturing & trading.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with extraordinary ability in negotiation, influence, and stakeholder management especially same C-levels and other strategic partners.
- Open for expats.
Required Job Skills
new business development