- Operate all range of spice mills – Roller Mills, Impact mills to grind Whole Sterilized Pepper into Coarse, Milled and ground pepper
- Review all parts of the milling system including mills, sifters, feed system, air supply, down spouts, valves, dampers etc of various mills to ensure smooth and optimum run of the plant
- Mill adjustments:
- Roller Mill: Roller adjustments, gap inspection, flute monitoring, uniform discharge of milled pepper across the rolls, no overheating, ensuring GMP etc to ensure optimum throughput of milled pepper of different granulation, with 100% RFT (Right First Time) and max recovery of main grade. Do immediate corrections based on the raw material profile change (density, moisture, origin...)
- Plansifter and gyratory sifters: Proper and quick setting of sieves to ensure max recovery and min re-work, minimum/ zero change over spillage meeting all GMP norms
- Impact Mills: Timely review of hammers, beaters, stators, screens to ensure quality compliant ground pepper meeting quality norms. To ensure no over-heating and condensation in the mill and assure GMP and 100% RFT
- Monitor machine cycles and mill operation to detect possible jamming/ blocks and to ensure that products conform to specifications.
- Examine sterilized pepper (raw material) and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Help Scheduler to review orders and mill schedules to fix best possible run-sequence to assure maximum productivity with minimum WIP build-up.
- Continuously observe the mills, adjust, and regulate gaps/ speeds/ screens, as and when required, to assure quality complaint output.
- Direct and train other workers to adjust rolls, operate mill equipment and carryout changeovers.
- Responsible for autonomous maintenance of the mill & sifters.
- Perform work in a manner that is in compliance with all policies and GMP rules.
- Report any condition that may put product quality at risk or safety risk to personnel and/or property to Production Manager. Performs work in a safety conscious manner that is in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or Degree – Preferably in food science
- 3-5 years’ experience in Grain Milling. Milling experience in spices will be preferred
- Experience in sifter settings preferred
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is preferred
- Able to work in shifts/ flexible work schedule
- Need to have the capability to work in a team environment and maintain positive working relationships with other colleagues.
- This is a shop floor job. Need to be capable of working in Spice environment.
Required Job Skills
- Place: KCN Giang Dien, Dong Nai (shuttle bus from HCM/ Bien Hoa to working place)
- For Vietnamese candidates only